This two day course on energy efficiency measures for older and traditional buildings is accredited by the National Open College Network (NOCN).
This Level 3 qualification provides an overview of older and traditional (pre-1919) buildings, the range of energy efficiency measures available, how to evaluate their suitability and how to recommend their installation.
The course will take place in-person at our dedicated conservation centre. Our experts will guide learners through three modules which will equip them to:
- recognise the age, nature, and characteristics of older and traditional buildings
- evaluate the appropriate options for introducing energy efficiency measures to older and traditional buildings
- make recommendations and give advice on introducing energy efficiency measures to older and traditional buildings
The course will last two full days, 9am until 5pm. Full programme of course activity to follow.
Who the course is for
This course is principally designed for persons who are aged 18 years of age or older and who already have a background and experience in the construction industry. This includes the following occupational areas:
- experienced craftspeople and general building operatives
- proprietors of small building companies who have experience of working on various aspects of traditional (pre-1919) buildings, or plan to undertake this type of work
- site managers and supervisors involved in managing contracts for the energy efficiency and retrofit of traditional (pre-1919) buildings
- estimators, planners, architects, designers
- installers of Solid Wall Insulation systems (Internal & External Wall Insulation)
- installers of Passive Fire Protection measures
- Architects, Surveyors and other building professionals
- Retrofit Assessors and Advisors
- Retrofit Co-ordinators
- Conservation Officers
- Building Control Officers
- Domestic Energy Assessors
- those providing advice in retrofit of traditional buildings
Learners must demonstrate proof of knowledge and experience in this occupational area, including energy efficiency measures, to participate in this two day course.
Once you’ve booked your place on the course, you will be issued a Knowledge & Skills Scan pro-forma which you must complete and return to the training provider ahead of the training course start date.
The document will be used to determine your current level of understanding and experience of working on older buildings in relationship to the requirements of the course. Should you not meet the requirements, your offer of a place on the course will be withdrawn and a full refund will be issued.
Please also note that should you be accepted onto the course your Knowledge & Skills Scan will be retained by the trainer/assessor for the purpose of quality assurance checks by the Awarding Body (NOCN).
The full cost of this two day course, held over Wednesday 16 and Thursday 17 November is £495 per person.
There are 16 places available on each course and places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please send any questions and booking enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Engine Shed is easy to visit by rail, bus and bike. While we have no visitor parking, there is a public car park close by, and we have two spaces for blue badge holders.