Summer school is the ultimate introduction to building conservation. It takes place at the Engine Shed in Stirling.
What will I learn?
Learn the latest techniques on caring for traditional buildings from top conservation experts.
Explore how materials like stone, lime and metal work together to create the buildings around us – and gain insights into how to ensure their long life.
You'll learn from Historic Environment Scotland conservation professionals, as well as guest speakers to:
- explore everything from traditional skills to modern technology including digital documentation
- try your hand at stonemasonry and lime mortar at practical workshops
- see pioneering conservation projects in action at historic places on field trips
- discover the effects of climate change on our heritage
- network with Scotland’s leading conservation experts
Who's it for?
Our building conservation summer school is for everyone with an interest in building conservation including:
Do I need experience?
No background or experience is needed, just bring enthusiasm and an interest to learn.