In light of updated Scottish Government advice regarding Coronavirus we have taken the decision to postpone Conservation Summer School until further notice.
Get the ultimate introduction caring for traditional buildings from top conservation experts.
Explore how materials like stone, lime and metal work together to create the buildings around us – and gain insights into how to ensure their long life.
You'll learn from Historic Environment Scotland conservation professionals, as well as guest speakers to:
- explore everything from traditional skills to modern technology including digital documentation
- try your hand at stonemasonry and lime mortar at practical workshops
- see pioneering conservation projects in action at historic places on field trips
- discover the effects of climate change on our heritage
- network with Scotland’s leading conservation experts
Who's it for?
Our building conservation summer school is for everyone with an interest in building conservation including:
Do I need experience?
No background or experience is needed, just bring enthusiasm and an interest to learn.